Thank you so much, Emilia, from Emilia lives Life, for the Liebster Award nomination! It is awesome and really flattering!
The rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Lets get started – but let me tell you, this is the kind of thing that usually gets me unoriginal! 11 random facts about myself?
- I am the second of four sisters.
- I am a very good baker – essentially because practice makes perfect, and I have one unnatural need of sugar.
- My favourite chocolate is Kinder
- I spend a lot of time trying to find things – my glasses, my phone, the car keys
- I love notebooks – all shapes and sizes!
- I hate brocoli
- The favourite thing in my closet are my pyjamas
- If I could only go out for one type of meal forever, I would choose breakfast
- I do not enjoy driving
- I was never really good in portuguese at school – and thought I was a terrible writer until I set up my first blog.
- I love to walk around barefoot
And what did Emilia asked?
- What is your favorite way of getting to a new destination (car, plane, train, boat, foot, etc)? definitely train
- Would you prefer to watch a movie or read a book? I would love to answer read a book, but I have to admit watching a movie is usually my choice.
- If you could magically be fluent in another language, which one would you choose? Right now – French, but I would also love to learn Italian, and think Spanish might be the most useful
- What’s your favorite way to spend a Saturday morning? Eating warm bread at my grandparents house. It is seriously the best bread in the world
- Do you prefer tiny espresso or oversized american coffees? definitely a tiny espresso – but I am from Portugal, and the concept of an oversized (and usually overpriced) american coffee is very new. One espresso is usually 60 cents.
- Do you write letters to friends and family when you travel? Not really no – I e-mail, but haven’t really sent anyone a letter
- What are you listening to right now? The kinks – This time tomorrow
- How did you chose the name for your blog? Well, I wanted something different, and first thought of a fixed expression, but then nothing was available without adding too many numbers. Then I started to think of the concept I wanted for my blog, and it was about preconceived ideas that travelling corrects – and (pre) concept came to mind – and sounded good enough
- Do you enjoy reading travel writing? What’s your favorite book about travel? I do yes. I would say The great railway bazaar, by Paul Theroux
- A day spent having fun in the sun or stomping through snow? That is a hard one – depends on which one I miss most. Right now? I miss the sun
- Do you have any destination that you return to year after year or do you prefer to head to new places? I usually prefer to head to new places, but I have a few destinations I have returned a few times – like Italy for example
And for the blogs I chose, this was really hard as there are so many great ones!
But here are a few of my favourite ones:
- Girl in Florence
- Made in Kachchh
- WTF – Where is the food
- Bucket List Publications
- She works alone
- What an Amazing World
- 1001 Scribles
- Netflix & Nutella
- Cut the Kitsch
- The Well- travelled postcard
- Marieke ten Wolde’s blog
And my 11 questions for them:
- If you had to choose 3 countries where you see yourself living what would they be?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- What’s your favourite song when you’re travelling?
- If you had to recommend one book, what would that be?
- What is your favourite cuisine around the world?
- What are the five things you would never leave home, if you were going on a big trip?
- Do you prefer the countryside or a big city?
- Which city would you recommend me to visit and why?
- What is the best thing about the place you live in?
- Why did you decide to write a blog?
- If could only eat one thing forever what would that be?
Thank you so much again! I can’t wait to read al of you answers!